Chamber Welcomes the Results of the First Deregulation Day in the VRU
Given the utmost importance of progressive deregulation process for doing business in Ukraine, we are happy to state that on November 12 the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine voted a number of legislative initiatives, supported by the Chamber, including:
- Draft Law #2102 “On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine on Ensuring Transparency of Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine”, supported by the Chamber, was adopted. The Draft law is aimed at publishing of decisions of the AMCU in format that provides enough information for analysis of its decisions. The Chamber believes that such step will result in better understanding of the AMCU position and provide applicants with clear guidance.
- Draft Law #2431 “Оn Amendments to the Legislation on Protection of Economic Competition regarding Calculating of Fines for Violation of Competition Legislation” was passed in the first reading. The Draft Law was continuously supported by the Chamber, as it is designed to introduce transparent and compulsory rules for calculating fines and harmonize Ukrainian legislation with the EU standards.
- Draft Law #2168a “On Amendments to the Law of Ukraine “On Protection of Economic Competition”” was passed in the first reading. The Chamber has a number of proposals, aimed at further improvement of this Draft Law and hopes that they will be considered before the second reading. At the same time, even in its current version, the Draft Law significantly decreasing the control over the economic concentrations.
- Draft Law #3153 “On Peculiarities of Taking Measures of State Supervision (Control) in the Sphere of Economic Activities” was passed in the first reading. The Draft Law, aimed at continuing moratorium on administrative checks, was supported by the Chamber, as it creates conditions for reforming the system of controlling bodies and protects business from checks in conditions of changing rules.
- Draft Law #2498a “On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine on Reduction of Licensing Procedures in the Sphere of External Trade” was passed in the first reading. The Chamber supported this Draft Law as well as expressed suggestions as to the improvement of its deregulatory effect taking into consideration that it is aimed at liberalization of external trade procedures and abolishes restrictive measures as well as significantly decreases the number of permission procedures in agricultural sector.
The Chamber will continue its work in order to fulfill its other priorities and improve business climate in Ukraine in the future.