PHARMA TALKS Session "Access to Treatment – Patients View"
The event was organized jointly with Member Company Danevych.Law and the Association of Pharmaceutical Research and Development. During the event we examined the importance of patients' voice in providing access to treatment, balancing between state and business interests and patients' role in decision-making on the healthcare policies in Ukraine.
This Session was devoted to the following topics:
- Role of patients community in public discussion and decision-making:
- Why is it important?
- Positive and negative experience of EU countries
- Transparency in managing patients organization:
- Cooperation with pharma industry
- State view on patients-pharma cooperation
- Involvement in EU patients initiatives
- Improvement of governance, regulations and investment climate as the tools for better access:
- What is the first focus?
- The role of innovation policy
- IPR protection: patients perspective
- Value vs price discussion: finding win-win solutions
- Dr. Ulana Suprun, Acting Minister of Health of Ukraine
- Sarunas Narbutas, President, Lithuanian Cancer Patient Coalition (POLA), Lithuania
- Inna Ivanenko, Executive Director, Patients of Ukraine
- Mykyta Trofymenko, Intellectual Property Counsel, CO "100% Life"
- Maryna Buchma, Chamber Healthcare Committee Co-Chair, Director Government Affairs, Teva Ukraine
- Borys Danevych, Chamber Healthcare Committee Co-Chair, Partner, Attorney-at-law, Danevych.Law