Intellectual property (IP) contributes enormously to our economy. Dozens of industries across economy rely on the adequate enforcement of their patents, trademarks, and copyrights, while consumers use IP to ensure they are purchasing safe, guaranteed products. With the help of this event, we hoped to define major pain points faced by investors in the sphere of IPR and raised awareness among the general public of Ukraine.
- Donald E. Townsend, Jr. Regional Intellectual Property Rights Attaché;
- Nadiya Vasylieva, Member of the Chamber Board of Directors responsible for IPR issues, Microsoft Ukraine;
- Vitaliy Gordiyenko, Chamber Healthcare Committee Co-Chair;
- Tetyana Bilyk, Chamber Healthcare Committee Expert;
- Pavlo Matyusha, Chamber Seeds Committee Co-Chair, Government & Biotech Affairs Manager, DuPont Pioneer Ukraine;
- Mikhail Malkov, FAO Regional Representative to Ukraine;
- Representatives of Ukrainian Music, Publishing, and Media Industries.
Special guests from the:
- Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine;
- Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine;
- Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine;
- Ministry of Health of Ukraine;
- Ministry of Culture;
- Ministry of Education.
The program included:
- 4 panel discussions, dedicated to intellectual property rights protection in different industries of the Ukrainian economy (IT, Culture, Healthcare and Seeds);
- Meeting with Ukrainian celebrities, representatives of the U.S. Embassy, Delegation of the European Union to Ukraine, top managers of the leading international companies, Members of Parliament, civil society activists;
- Tasty snacks and drinks, thematic photo zone and press zone.