On June 16, the Chamber met with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Advisors to the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine (AMCU) devoted to discussion of the current issues faced by the Chamber Member Companies in their relations with the AMCU for further use in developing recommendations.
During the meeting, the following issues were raised:
- the fact that relations of control in seller’s group still taken in consideration while conducting merger clearance;
- clearance using simplified procedure currently requires the same list of documents as for full procedure;
- difficulties which are faced due to need to provide economic justification;
- need to notify each subsidiary belonging to the group separately;
- issues related to investigation of cartels;
- uncertainties related to vertical concerted actions.
We encourage all interested Chamber Members to provide their additional comments by Wednesday, July 6, COB.
Contact person – Olena Stepanova, Chamber Policy Officer (Committees).