Meeting with Oleksandr Bakumenko, Deputy Head of the VRU Committee on Agrarian Policy and Land Relations
The meeting was mainly devoted to discussion of topical issues and business community’s proposals in agricultural, food & beverage, and seeds spheres.
As a result, the following was agreed:
- Regarding Draft Law #4009a on phytosanitary reform: to arrange a meeting with initiators of the Draft Law devoted to discussion of further steps aimed at its adoption;
- Regarding unofficial structures on grain market: to provide the VRU Committee on Agrarian Policy and Land Relations with the Chamber Members’ vision and suggestions regarding elimination of “grey” structures on the market;
- Regarding agrologistics: to submit to the VRU Committee on Agrarian Policy and Land Relations the Chamber Members’ proposals regarding improvement of current situation with agrarian logistics;
- Regarding Draft Law #0906: final version of Draft Law #0906 is going to be voted on May 18 during the Agrarian Day at the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine;
- Regarding Draft Law #4126-1 on information for consumers: to continue work with the Secretariat of the VRU Committee on Agrarian Policy and Land Relations regarding improvement of the text and further steps of its promotion;
- Regarding import of unregistered crop protection samples for the state trials: to continue work and to get involved in the process of initiating necessary legislative amendments;
- Regarding waste management issues: to continue cooperation on draft legislation on packaging waste (Draft Law #4028), deposit and tax related initiatives;
- Regarding Draft Law #3096 in energy sphere: to continue cooperation on finding solutions regarding land issue in energy sector.