Joint Meeting of the Food & Beverage Committee and Working Group on Consumer Goods with Representatives of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine
On June 13, Chamber Food & Beverage Committee and Working Group on Consumer Goods (Personal & Household Care) held a joint meeting with representatives of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine (MEDT) and SE “Ukrmetrteststandard”.
The meeting was devoted to discussion of the recent regulatory initiatives of the MEDT regarding establishment of new metrological requirements for prepackaged goods as well as current status of amendments to the legislative acts regarding indicating the format of conformity assessment body’s number while labelling with technical regulation conformity mark.
As a result, the following was agreed:
- MEDT will work on amendments to the current Draft Order of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine regarding establishment of metrological requirements for prepackaged goods in the part of requirements to the height of letters and digits in declarations;
- MEDT in cooperation with SE “Ukrmetrteststandard” and State Service on Food Safety and Consumer Protection will consider issuing clarifications on the key requirements of OIML R 87 and Section 5 of OIML R 79;
- Chamber will follow-up with MEDT on key reservations of business community to the Draft Order;
- Chamber will prepare support letter to the State Regulatory Service of Ukraine upon Ministry’s respective amendments to the Order of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine #224 dated February 10, 2016 regarding the Rules of functioning of the register of conformity assessment responsible authorities and to the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine #1184 dated December 30, 2015 “On Approval of the Form, Description of the Technical Regulation Conformity Mark, Rules of its Labelling”;
- Chamber will continue cooperation with the State Service of Ukraine on Food Safety and Consumer Protection regarding metrological control over prepackaged goods.